23rd SC Infantry

Living Historians Of The American Civil War
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: weasel wool definition
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:01 pm 
Staff

weasel wool is that stuff that gets caught between the tines of the rake Robbie uses to brush his fur.

or the leavings on the flooor after his decade visit to the barber....

I don't know--what is weasel wool?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 am 
Staff

Wooly? You a fine specimen of a hair growing gorilla to be a callin somebody else Wooly when you a sportin a beard that wouda put ole Moses to shame. And ole Samson woulda been proud to have been a sporting all them curls that morning he woke up in Delilah's little ole arms. It dont go to be complaining about the coffee, when the water comes out yo own canteen. WOOLY?? I think thats what Im gonna call you from now on. "OLE WOOLY" "The Hippie Gorilla!" I got some electric coolaid, octigon, purple, mushroom seasoned, smoke cured, and all around, well used, sunshades round here somewhere wid yo name all over em. Yea, I like the sound of that. "OLE WOOLY, THE HIPPIE GORILLA." ooh what a tangled web we weave

Post subject: Weasel alert
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 pm 
Staff

I went to Aiken this past week-end and I saw a weasel. It was short and hairy and wants to join the best unit in the battalion. I think that is great. We may be able to raise this weasel's standards and get him to walk on two legs. But, be careful everyone, it bites!!!

Cannister Hit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:26 pm 
Staff

I had a vision while sitting by the campfire last friday evening ......
Many years ago, I had a scruffy ol coon dog that loved to have his ears scratched. We'd sit there for hours on end, me in my rocker,and Blue just stayed there right by my side starring into the distant horizon.......
Thanks Rob for helping me remember that ol dog. Now how d'ya think I can get weasel wool out from under my fingernails?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:37 am 
Staff

Steps For A Hippie Gorilla to Remove Weasel Wool From Under Fingernails

1) Get naked and sit in front yard with legs crossed.
2) Put Fingernails out facing you to check what needs to be done.
3) Take fingernails and scratch up and down both of your sides at the same time, while chanting ugh, ugh, uhh.
4) Check fingernails.
5) Check ground under both sides for any wool that may have come out.
6) Get little piece of paper.
7) Roll said wool in the little piece of paper.
8) Smoke wool and little piece of paper.
9) Scream eeek eek unh unh and run around yard on all fours while beating your hands on ground in at least 4 spots.
10) Run to small tree in yard and do you very best to tear it up.
11) Beat Chest
12) Scratch Chest
13) Scratch Butt
14) Smell Finger
15) Do backward rollover and come to original sitting position.
16) Put fingernails out facing you to recheck.
17) Repeat process if necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:52 am 
Staff

Oh yea for you Canister Hit. That's pronounced, (CAN-N-STIR, *HIT) heres another letter from the war chest.

From 1st SGT to his father.

Dear Poppa:
I hope this letter meets you in the best of health and spirit. I take it from lack of news, that good news prevails. Fair health is sticking close, and the coat was much appreciated. I do so miss the climate of home, but not as much as the flatness of her lands. Bogging through the swamp holds no effort to that of trudging up and down these blasted mountains. I think the valley may well be the pretties spot I have ever seen, but be assured, if I have to walk to it, it will never be viewed by these eyes again. The health of the boys is holding strong. Happy, has been in a state of continuos discomfort since Thursday past. A few of the lads came across some old corn in a cellar that morning. I didn't touch a drop, and be sho to pass that news along to Momma. By afternoon Happy was feeling a little too brave and called Moose out for a wrestling match. When they finally hooked up it was looking like bait in a cup all tangled and a moving. Some cussin was going on too, but I didn't utter a slang. Tell Momma that too. Anyway, Happy saw a chance to get the better of the situation, as Moose's rear end was right in his face. Hap took his finger, and shoved it right in there just knowing this would get the giant off a him. It took both doctor Jon, and doctor Crosby the best part of an hour to get Happy untangled and his finger out his own arse. He's been walking a tad bent over ever since. He's still a functioning as my 1st Cpl. but he aint the tallest of the bunch right now. I spose it will be a few days yet before he's back to the right size. Kinda got Moose a bit winded up too. It'll take him a week or better to calm down. He's been throwing a challenge at any soul that comes close. I show am glad little Jim aint here right now. You know how he is. He'd have one of them eye rolling fainting spells if he hadda been present. He's been holding up pretty fair since he was doing all that crying about wanting to be a Lieutenant. He can command the company perty good though. Surprised me pure silly. Don't get his left and right mixed up when he turns to face the company like Captain Baldwin does. He's been on a detail for one and one half weeks now. I ain't show where to, but tell his folks he's ok when you see them at church. Sgt. Powell has been trying to show anybody he could get to watch what happened to Hap. He still can't quite get his butt into his own face, but at the rate he's going I spose he'll be limbered up enough by spring to give it a kiss.

It would appear that those who decide such matters, have finally set their minds on a direction of march. Least we been goin in the same direction for a day or so now. Please see that Kathryn has enough kindlin and I send my love to all.
1st Sgt
Co. B
P.B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:17 pm 
Staff

Well - if this don't beat all. A duel between non-duelers and a Wookie with diarrea of the pen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:52 pm 
Staff

I went back and found this so everyone would be forced to read it again. It was a great laugh then to read some of Robbie's creative writing and it was again tonight. Encore! Encore!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:51 pm 
Staff

Attachment:
RL4.jpg
RL4.jpg [ 241.58 KiB | Viewed 19881 times ]

Attachment:
RL1.jpg
RL1.jpg [ 105.27 KiB | Viewed 19877 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:13 pm 
Staff

Damn Robbie, I wish you could be with us for another evening on the lake. I read your shit and it made me miss you that much more again.